Food and cooking-related organisations
Unprecedented marketing opportunities
Cheffy can be simply rebranded or completely customised to serve your customers. Whether you represent a food-related company, kitchen appliance manufacturer or online newspaper, with Cheffy you have the opportunity to:
- Generate revenues with subscription services.
- Build a relationship with your customers and prospects with a genuinely useful service.
- Gain insights into food / cooking preferences and behaviour.
- Get more from your recipe collection
- with better categorisation and searchability, detailed nutrition, scalability and shopping list functionality.
- Access Cheffy's own recipe database
- many with photographs.
- Add value to a kitchen appliance.
Easy-to-use administration interface
The administration interface is very easy to use. No technical expertise required. Features include the facility to:
- Add and modify recipe content, including images.
- Get dietary and nutritional information automatically added.
- Choose whatever information you want to display with a recipe
- Add new categories of food/recipes.
What makes Cheffy so different from other recipe finders?
Cheffy has been designed from the outset to be the world's most powerful online recipe finder and cooking site. It has an unbeatable service offering:
- Superfast recipe finder
- Unlimited search categories
- Automatically appended dietary and nutritional information
- Community involvement: Recipe adding/sharing
- Personal cookbook –or multiple cookbooks
- Automatically generated shopping list
- Recipe scaling
- Intelligent measurement-handling on scaled recipes
- Scalable and extendable -- suited to corporate use and global implementation
- Subscription revenue
- Easy to use, non-technical administration interface
- Critical insights into consumer food and cooking needs, preferences and behaviour.
If you'd like to explore marketing opportunities for your own organisation, do get in touch.
High performance functionality, sensitively implemented Cheffy is built around a high-performance SQL database developed by Foodware Ltd. It is highly customisable using a powerful non-technical administration interface: for example, it supports an unlimited number of additional data fields and keywords, enabling you to categorise and manipulate recipes as you wish.
Adding new features and functionality is straightforward. The software employs an extended HTML language called FWML (Foodware Markup Language) to merge data and display templates. This feature makes it easy to integrate dynamic functionality into static HTML templates, and in turn that means your website’s look and feel can be quickly 'wrapped around' the Foodware engine.
Creating a flexible architecture has enabled us to focus on the smallest design details. To take but one example, Cheffy supports limitless scaling and intelligent measurement-handling. In other words, recipe ingredients will scale 'on the fly' for any number of servings, while the measurement units will change intelligently depending on the scale. So, for large numbers of servings, fluid-ounce measurements will change to pints, and Cheffy will display large weights in kg rather than g.
Such details make Cheffy the friendliest, most 'natural' cook's aid available.
Fully customisable interface
Cheffy works with almost any third-party display mechanism -- whether PC/browser-based HTML, a mobile device or kitchen appliance.
There are three separate but interacting components to the service: the databases that hold recipes and personalisation data; the engine itself, which provides the intelligent functionality of the application; and the interface element. That interface element, which in browser terms can be thought of as a set of HTML templates, can be completely under your control.
Which means that whether you want to promote your own brand identity, integrate Cheffy functionality invisibly within a larger website, or drive a completely new display object, Cheffy is ready to serve.
We offer a Managed Solution, so that your customers interact with your own branded website, while their queries (recipe searches, cookbook management, etc) are handled invisibly behind the scenes by Foodware servers. Our servers process the queries and return the results to your web page.
This gives you the benefit of:
- Minimal demands on your website: Quick setup and integration.
- Little or no maintenance: Software updates, content enhancements and infrastructure management are all handled by Foodware.
- Fixed cost structure: Makes your budgeting and forecasting easier.
- If you’d like to know more about our Managed Solutions, please get in touch.
Do you have a recipe collection you'd like us to promote?
Our extensive recipe collection includes recipes kindly provided by food organisations including:
- The Dairy Council
- Fresh Produce Consortium
- British Turkey Information Service
- British Egg Information Service
- Bramley Apple Information Service
- British Potato Council
- Total Greek Yoghurt
Food-related services for the 21st century
In addition to developing Cheffy, a world leading cooking site, Foodware Ltd is involved with groundbreaking research and development of food-related services including:
- DTI-backed research into Smart Home food inventory service using RFID.
- Food and nutrition services via internet-connected TV.
- Samsung Smart Oven enabling automatic combination cooking of raw foods and ready meals. www.smartoven.co.uk
Get in touch
If you'd like to explore how Cheffy can deliver innovative marketing opportunities for your organisation, please get in touch. If you would like to explore partnership opportunities, business ventures or investment in Cheffy or Foodware Ltd, please get in touch.